People wear a swimsuit to cover their bodies in a swimming pool or sea. The swimsuit is elastic fabric, usually nylon, spandex, or lycra. It is often worn in competitions.
The swimsuit industry is a multi-billion dollar industry and is one of the most profitable industries in the world. The swimsuit industry has grown exponentially over the last few years.
The growth of swimsuits can be attributed to many factors, but one of the main reasons for its development is that it has become more socially acceptable to wear a swimsuit in public. This is why expanding affordable and stylish swimsuits in Australia in the market.
The global swimsuit statistics show that the number of women who wear a bikini or a one-piece swimsuit has increased by 3% in the last year.
EVOLUTION OF SWIMSUIT
- The history of swimsuits is a long and complicated one. It has evolved from the early 1900s to the present day.
- The swimsuit was invented in 1837 by Charles Frederick Worth, an Englishman working in Paris. He wanted his female clients to wear something more comfortable than corsets and crinolines for horseback riding or other physical activities.
- In the early 1900s, women wore wool bathing suits that covered their bodies. They weren’t considered appropriate for swimming in public pools or beaches. In 1907, Annette Kellerman was arrested for wearing a form-fitting one-piece suit in public. She was charged and fined $100 (equivalent to $2,500 today).
- In 1913, an American designer named Carl Jantzen introduced the first two-piece swimsuit called “the Jantzen Girl.” The suit had a skirt that came down to just above the knee and was worn with a sleeveless top that buttoned up at the neck.
- The evolution and growth of swimsuits in Australia are astronomical; currently, brands offer swimsuits that cater to every customer’s needs.
TYPES OF SWIMSUIT
There are many types of swimsuits available for people to wear. The most common swimsuits are the bikini, tankini, and one-piece suit.
- A bikini swimsuit is designed to cover the wearer’s specific parts. It is a two-piece swimsuit consisting of a bra and panties invented in 1946 by Louis Reard, who named it after the Bikini Atoll in the Pacific Ocean.
- Tankini swimsuits such as kate bock are designed to cover the torso and the upper thighs. Women often wear them to avoid tan lines on their stomachs. Tankinis can be worn with or without straps, and they can be made from any material, including cotton, nylon, polyester, spandex, or lycra.
- One-piece swimsuits are a type of swimsuit that covers the whole body.
CHOOSING A SWIMSUIT
Choosing a swimsuit is an important task. There are various styles and colours to choose from. The first step is to solve what type of swimsuit the buyer wants. Do they want a one-piece, two-piece, or bikini? Next, it is essential to figure out the style of the swimwear. The styles can be conservative and something more revealing. Finally, it’s time to decide on the suit’s colour and pattern. Also Read about Basic Soccer Mom Outfit Ideas and Long Sleeve Baby Jumpsuit.