User Interface Design (UI Design) is concerned with appearance, visual styling & aesthetics of video games, an app or a website. It entails designing of each page, individual screen, icons, interface animations, transitions, colour schemes & buttons including its typography & arrangement and any other micro interactions etc.
Besides this, UI Design also includes designing of Graphical User Interface or Voice-Controlled Interface or Gesture Based Interface, basically responsible for user’s navigation through the product, so as to ensure convenience and unparalleled experience for the end user, thereby not only communicating Brand’s strength but also making him a loyal customer.
Due to these design choices, the end user intuitively identifies “call to action” i.e. which buttons needs to be clicked or swiped or tapped etc.
User Experience (UX) Design is concerned with the experience, the end user experiences during his journey with product, web application or website.
He needs to research, analyze and evaluate the targeted end user, their preferences, perspective & needs along with having an understanding of the market, competition & trends etc. and accordingly develop efficient, smooth & pleasant user experience.
Moreover, he also must coordinate with varied stakeholders, UI designers & developers as well as teams from different departments etc. besides being accountable for wire-framing, structure Information architecture, prototypes and testing inorder to facilitate logical and intuitive user experience, thereby building a positive brand image.
- Worldwide there were over 5 billion internet users as of April 2022.
- By 3rd quarter of 2022, the app store, Google Play has 3.55 million apps for Android users, while Apple app store has approximately 1.6 million apps for iOS.
- By 2026, worldwide number of mobile 5G subscription is predicted to rise to 5 billion.
- Indian gaming market is anticipated to grow from $2.6 billion in 2022 to $8.6 billion by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 27%
- In FY22, the world’s largest consumer of mobile games is India with 15 billion downloads.
- On an average, everyday internet users spend 6 hours and 43 minutes online globally.
- As of Sept, 2022 there are over 1.98 billion websites.
Following are some of the career opportunities that are available to aspirants on completion of UI/UX Design course:
- User Researcher: His role involves researching, analyzing and evaluating the end customer, understanding his mindset, his needs so as to gain insights for better and efficient designing of the product.
- Carry out study, surveys and user interviews
- Analysing competition
- Defining user journey
- Organising usability tests
Visual/Graphic Designer: Basis brand language & personality, UX research and user experience principles, Visual/Graphic Designer converts wireframes into engaging designs.
- Create mood boards along with designs
- Develop aesthetics utilizing typography, icons, visual effects, graphics, colour and layout.
Information Architect: His role involves developing processes, building wireframes and prototypes.
- How information is displayed on app or website, how its flow, how it is organized
- Responsible for how information interacts & connects with the user
Usability Analyst: Their role involves analysing both existing problems and probable issues the end users might face while interacting with the product. They play an essential role during the entire product lifecycle, for its basis their recommendations only product undergoes updation.
Need anymore reason? Register now for ui ux design course to catapult into a successful career.